Policies and procedures are a clear and explicit set of documents that outline why and how an organization 'does things around here'.
Good policies and procedures are constructed to be in alignment with the organization's stated mission and vision (and the law). They empower the organization's employees to make good decisions and take appropriate actions. When shared effectively, policies and procedures provide transparency to employees and the customers/communities that the organization serves.
Policies and procedures are written to serve the needs of the organization and the wider community. They:
- make it clear to everyone connected or involved with the organization what the organization does, why the organization operates as it does and how things are done.
- help organizations run more effectively, positively impact corporate culture and help organizations attract and retain great people.
- set a foundation for organizational change and/or growth.
I Can Help!
Effective policies and procedures incorporate and reflect the organization's mission and values, include clearly defined mechanisms for maintenance, updates and communication to all affected staff and community members and outline the scope of the policy and include reference to associated policies and legislation.
- Defining your business vision, mission and core values.
- Setting up or adding to your organization's policy and procedure structure.
- Reviewing current policies and procedures to determine gaps or inconsistencies.
- Working with staff during the development and communication processes to ensure transparency and reinforce company morale.