Leave with the tools you need to take action! Contact Beth to discuss fun and effective workshop facilitation that meets the specific needs of your group.
Effective Education For A Variety of Audiences
Beth works with:
- Secondary and post-secondary students and educators
- Professionals looking for career advancement or transition
- Corporate teams looking to boost effectiveness
- For Secondary and Post-Secondary Students and Educators
- For Professionals
- For Corporate Effectiveness
Secondary and Post-Secondary Students and Educators
CampbellDuke Personal Branding evolved out of my teaching practice and the experience I had on a leave of absence helping my husband develop his antique appraisal business. It was on my leave of absence that I learned about the power of social media to not only disseminate your message - but also how it can be used as a tool to help you develop your message.
I realized that what I was learning about marketing a small business had application not just for the students I used to teach, but adults learning to navigate a changing world of work. I have not returned to formal teaching and am now focussed on helping as many people as possible learn how to create life/work balance by recognizing and building on their strengths.
I strongly believe that Career Educators have a critical role to play in youth engagement. As the school system struggles to get itself into the 21st century, career educators are uniquely positioned to help youth find and build on their strengths. Students who have a better personal understanding are empowered – and are more likely to see the usefulness of school curriculum. Fostering intrinsic motivation is the foundation on which life/work success is built.
I am available to speak or work directly with secondary and post-secondary students, or to help educators in a Pro-D setting. Whether you are looking for an overview of the Personal Branding process or workshops on any or all of the components of the system, please contact me to discuss the specific needs of your group.
The 3 Simple Secrets of Savvy Students Who Find Work They LOVE – FAST!
This presentation covers the 3 main areas of the Personal Branding process – and demonstrates how each area depends on the other. Finding work can be work in itself, but is considerably faster and easier when you know ‘the secrets’ and realize how to get started TODAY. Many students are already doing a good deal of the branding process already – it’s just a matter of understanding what they’re doing and why it’s important.
Engaging Youth Using Social Media
Not only that we should be teaching teens how to use social media effectively, but we have a responsibility to do it. TODAY! The best way to accomplish this is by being positive online role models ourselves, and that means understanding and using social media applications and incorporating their use into the classroom. This Personal Branding Basics overview/workshop/Q&A is designed for adults who may still harbor qualms about the use of social media by teens, especially its use as an educational communications vehicle. This can be delivered at Pro-D days for educators or as an evening workshop/discussion that includes parents.
Writing a Compelling Skills-Based Resume
The resume is still a key document in the personal marketing tool-box – and not always for the reasons that people think! The real ‘gold’ in a resume lies in the background work we carry out in order to write it. When we create a compelling skills-based resume, we’re also collecting a bank of stories that together illustrate our work history and personal strengths. Our kids absolutely MUST have effective personal marketing skills when they leave school in order to successfully navigate a world of work that is constantly changing – and knowing how to put their strengths and experiences into compelling words is a great start!
Create Career-Fair Success
Are you making the most of the career-fair and other networking events that you’re attending? This workshop provides participants with concrete actions to take before, during and after a career fair to increase their visibility with potential employers and to make the most of these events.
Career Fair’s Over: Now What?
A career fair is just the beginning! Learn how to make the few hours you’ve spent at a career fair work for you. In this workshop we cover the importance of networking and follow-up, and review participants’ overall personal marketing strategies.
Marketing Yourself Online To Find Work You LOVE
Tips and tricks for job hunters at all comfort levels with social media to begin to incorporate online tools into their personal marketing strategy. Marketing yourself effectively is critical if you hope to break into the 85% of jobs in the ‘hidden job market’ that never make it to the job boards. It is expected that participants in this workshop have already created a skills-based (functional) or combination resume.
Personal Branding for Career Advancement or Transition
3 Simple Secrets Of Smart Professionals Who LOVE Their Work
This presentation covers the 3 main areas of the Personal Branding process – and demonstrates how each area depends on the other. Finding work can be work in itself, but is considerably faster and easier when you know ‘the secrets’ and realize how to get started TODAY. Many of us are already doing a good deal of the branding process already – it’s just a matter of understanding what we’re doing and why it’s important.
Building on The Strengths You’re Already Living
Focussing on strength is a difficult exercise for many of us – and it limits our ability to create success. In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- WHY recognizing and building on your strengths is the critical first step in your personal success – and why the majority of us find it easier to list our short-comings. You’ll be surprised to realize how often we minimize our own strengths and passions – as well as those of people around us.
- HOW to start to identify your strengths and passions. No more will you have to utter the phrase: ‘I’d follow my dreams if only I knew what they were.’ It’s easier than you might think (so why don’t we do it….?)
- WHAT contributing from your own personal strengths looks like in your everyday life – and some tips on how to incorporate more of your strengths and passions into your life without having to make radical changes.
Secrets to Finding or Creating Work You LOVE
Finding or creating work we love is easier than most people think. In this workshop, Beth covers:
- The most common barriers to an effective personal marketing strategy,
- Three ‘quick-start’ actions each person can implement immediately that will make a difference, and
- How to integrate social media into an effective personal marketing strategy – while keeping it under control.
Despite all of the seemingly new-fangled online tools and changing expectations, there are fundamentals that haven’t changed. While we often focus on the ‘media’ aspect of the phrase ‘social media’, it’s important to remember that the ‘social’ component means that we’re dealing with people. Just like we’ve been doing for centuries. Don’t Panic!
Using WordPress To Find Work You LOVE
If you’re looking for an effective, inexpensive and relatively easy way to propel your search for work you LOVE onto another level completely, then it’s time to take advantage of WordPress.
With a few ‘tweaks’ to your existing personal marketing plan, you can effectively integrate your online marketing with the in-person marketing strategies you’re already using.
In this workshop we discuss:
- Basic offline marketing materials and networking strategies most job hunters currently use.
- Why WordPress is an excellent choice for the novice website creator.
- How to determine what information you want on your website and how best to display it.
- WordPress integration with current marketing materials and networking strategies.
- Integrating WordPress into new-to-you social media platforms.
- How to use your website planning and creation to help you focus your message.
When you’re looking for work you LOVE, your job search is your full-time job. Using all of the free and low-cost marketing tools available to you helps you expand your reach and create more ‘buzz’ about yourself than you could using off-line tools only. Having a central online hub that you control is critical to simplifying your online networking. Find out why WordPress fits the bill – and how easy it can be to get yourself started with WordPress.
Success in the workplace happens when the company’s vision, mission and values are shared by employees and contractors.
Did you know…
89% of new employees who fail do so because don’t share the values of the corporate team?
Personal Branding helps your corporate team members identify the personal vision, mission and values that drive them. Workshop participants learn what makes them connect with the group. They identify the unique talents that set them apart from the competition.
Boost The Effectiveness of Your Corporate Team
Through a series of group and individual activities, participants will:
- Learn to identify positive and negative speech habits and how to reframe or correct them,
- Collect and examine items related to their personal career path and goals,
- Identify the importance of daily motivation and review of personal and company goals,
- Identify the factors involved in successful work situations for themselves and identify these factors in their present position,
- State their top 3 personality characteristics, values, interests and skills and define their optimum work situation,
- Identify their ‘unique sales proposition’,
- Write and share their Personal Brand Statement, and
- Use SMART goals to identify 5 short-term, medium-term and long-term life/work goals.
At the end of this program, participants will have increased their personal awareness, motivation and leadership skills. They will have increased personal and corporate effectiveness. They will have identified short-, medium-, and long-term career planning goals that are in keeping with their personality type, interests, skills and values and those of your organization.
This 16-hour program can be delivered as a 2 or 3 day event, or broken up into smaller segments. Contact Beth to discuss the specific needs of your group and how your corporate team can benefit from the Personal Branding process.